Why Video Marketing is So Powerful: What’s Up Everybody, Welcome Back to My Channel
Welcome to Trusted Conf. and welcome back to my channel! This week at Trusted Conf. we’re talking about why video marketing is so powerful with Ezgi Turan, Growth Marketing Manager.
Watch the video below to get the full insights into why video marketing is so powerful:
View the slides:
Why Video Marketing is So Powerful
What’s Up Everybody, Welcome Back to My Channel!
First, here’s a bit about Ezgi:
- Growth Marketing Manager
- Turkey – Istanbul (just summertime)
- 9 years of digital marketing
- Digital consumer behaviour enthusiast
- Startup junkie
- Part-time yogini
- Trumpet player
- Half marathon finisher
- IG: ezgiturann
“The measure of intelligence is the ability to change”
– Albert Einstein
Why Video Marketing is So Powerful – Agenda
- Video as a business-critical digital marketing trend
- Online video to take over from TV screens
- Personalized video: the marriage of video marketing and personalization
- Influencer marketing: shoppable content
- The future of video marketing: growth and demand
Every year the internet is full of articles predicting what the big trends will be in the year to come and claiming that certain things are dead. As marketers, we should question new trends. However, when a new trend does come along, and it’s clear it’s here to stay, it’s a total game-changer. One great example is video marketing.
Why Video Marketing is So Powerful
Video as a business-critical digital marketing trend
YouTube stated that the increase in video consumption rises by 100% every year. In 2019, more than 80% of all web traffic will consist of videos. That’s why video marketing is so powerful.
9 Video Marketing Facts
- The time spent by users in the United States watching video content weekly on a smartphone is also seen to be growing over time. Turkey ranked in first place, with 95% of all their internet users watching online video content on any device during any given month.
- Studies show that 54% of consumers want to see more video content from a brand or business they support.
- More businesses than in the past include video content as part of their digital marketing strategy. Marketing professionals need to be careful not to miss out on the opportunities that video content can provide for them.
- Based on the 2018 State of Social Video Marketer Trends report, 73% of consumers claim that they have been influenced by a brand’s social media presence when making a purchasing decision.
- 88% of video marketers are satisfied with the ROI of their video marketing efforts on social media (Animoto, 2018). The same report shows us that 80% of marketers also claim to be satisfied by the ROI of video ads that they have posted to social media.
- Video marketers get 66% more qualified leads per year. Optinmonster also concluded that video marketers achieve a 54% increase in brand awareness.
- Videos help keep users on your website longer and also keep them more engaged. The average user spends 88% more time on a website with video.
- Where both video and text are available on the same page, 72% of people would rather use video to learn about a product or service.
- YouTube is the second largest search engine. It receives more than 1.5 billion users per month and plays over 1 billion hours of video each day to users.
Online video to take over from TV screens
People have been casting and streaming online video to their TV screens for a while now. It’s fundamentally changing how people watch TV. Online video has come to the living room, bedroom, playroom and anywhere else. The latest Youtube data suggested that people are not abandoning their TVs. Rather, they’re just adding what they watch there.
- The time people spend watching Youtube on a TV has doubled year on year.
- Just like TV content, watching Youtube on TV screens peaks around primetime.
- People are 2x as likely to watch Youtube with others on a TV compared to mobile and desktop screens.
Personalized video: the marriage of video marketing and personalization
- 81% of marketers perceive increases in customer engagement as the main benefit of real-time marketing.
- 81% of people want brands to get to know them and understand when to approach them.
- More than 78% of customers will only pursue offers if they’re customised to previous engagements with the brand.
Personalized video is the marriage of two hot trends in the world of digital marketing – video and personalization. It is a video that contains content specific to the recipient.
The goal of creating personalized content is to connect with more users and increase their engagement in our message. When we started merging names into emails, CTRs went up. We began using social media to create messages that were more personally relevant and CVRs went up. So the next type of personalization in the funnel of a campaign strategy is increasing the engagement rates.
“There are exceptional people out there who are capable of starting epidemics. All you have to do is find them.”
– Malcolm Goldwell
Influencer marketing: shoppable content
- Authentic stories that unfold over time will ultimately deliver the greatest ROI to brands.
- Influencer marketing is the fastest-growing online customer-acquisition method.
With GDPR rules and ad blockers making it increasingly difficult for brands to get in front of audiences. Many brands are looking for other channels to expand their reach and this is fueling interest in influencer marketing. Once the strategy of choice for big brands with big budgets like Tiger Woods endorsing Nike, influencer marketing is more accessible than ever for businesses of all sizes.
- 86% of women use social media for purchasing advice
- 49% of consumers depend on influencer recommendations
- Influencer marketing campaigns earn $6.50 for every dollar spent
- The influencer marketing industry is expected to hit $10bn by 2020
Sprint #LiveUnlimited has collaborated with musicians, entrepreneurs, and actors to gain the attention of a massive young audience. Its latest influencer campaign uses the hashtag #LiveUnlimited, and features people who have massive social media presences.
Influencers: Lele Pons, Gerard Adams, Prince Royce, Bradley Martyn, Rachel Cook
The future of video marketing: growth and demand
- Live streaming services are growing on Facebook, Instagram, and other social media channels. Research indicates live streaming encourages more audience engagement and retains viewers longer than prerecorded video.
- Given the ease of shooting videos with smartphones, marketers are discovering the value of lead nurturing and customer communications by sending personalized video messages instead of calling or sending email. The 1:1 video approach can apply to following-up on an inquiry, offering content, delivering support, simply saying thanks, or practically any application.
- AI and the use of closed captions are making video content more searchable.
- VR technology makes people feel they’re in or part of the video. VR is about to make its mark on not only gaming, but also education, healthcare, business and marketing.
- Video blogging or vlogging is now a major trend in video marketing.
Why Video Marketing is So Powerful
What’s in it for me?
- As marketers, we must become less like traditional marketers and more like storytellers. When you tell great stories that resonate with your target audience, you can drive engagement and ROI to entirely new levels.
- To be ahead of the digital agency game, we must understand the importance of video marketing and its impact.
TITLE CREDIT: Jeffree Star starts EVERY VIDEO with, “What’s up everybody, welcome BACK to my channel!”